Saturday Feb 21, 2015 11:00 am
Join Instructor Stan Hanel as he teaches you how to work with microcontrollers and microprocessors - and how to use them in your own projects.
The instructional part of the class will focus on the evolution of the microprocessor and microcontroller,
Covering the following topics:
- Integrated Circuits and arithmetic processors
- The first 8-bit microprocessors, Intel 8080 and Motorola 6800
- Instruction Sets: Opcodes and Operands
- 16-bit, 32-bit and 64-bit microprocessors with accelerating clock speeds
- Hitting the Speed Wall – Multicore processors and parallel processing
- Integration of analog and digital circuitry – Systems on a Chip (SoC)
- Survey of popular hobby microprocessors and microcontrollers
(Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone Black, Intel Galileo,
Parallax Propeller multi core processor, Microchip PIC, Basic Stamp,
and peripheral shield PC boards.)
During the practical part of the class, attendees will use an oscilloscope and multimeter to monitor digital and analog signals within a microcontroller circuit board.